1 Egg, large
2 tbsp. Milk
3 drops Vanilla-optional
1 Dash Salt
Mix together separately:
2 tbsp. Brown sugar
1/4 tsp Cinnamon
3 slices slightly stale bread
2 tbsp. Butter
Nutella or honey for serving
- Cut the bread into little hearts using a heart-shaped cookie cutter.
- Melt the butter in a medium low fry pan.
- Dip the bread into the egg mixture. Coat both sides.
- Fry about 30-60 seconds on each side.
- Coat with the sugar mixture.
- Serve with Nutella or honey for a special Valentine’s treat.
Teddy Bears graham cookies (choose your favorite flavor
Candy conversation hearts
Frosting of choice
Dip the conversation heart in the frosting.
Gently set on the Teddy Bear’s tummy.
Simple and mmmmm good!
You can also use your teddygrams to decorate cupcakes!
Italian Caprese Hearts
3 vine-ripe tomatoes, 1/4-inch thick slices
1 pound fresh mozzarella, 1/4-inch thick slices
20 to 30 leaves (about 1 bunch) fresh basil
Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
Coarse salt and pepper
Heart Shaped cookie cutter
- Cut Mozzarella slices using heart shaped cookie cutter
- Layer alternating slices of tomatoes and mozzarella, adding a basil leaf between each, on a large, shallow platter.
- Drizzle the salad with extra-virgin olive oil and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Strawberry Cheesecake Bites
1 dozen large strawberries for your valentine
Sarah Lee cheesecake or your favorite cheesecake recipe
Mini Chocolate chips or sprinkles or candy hearts or graham cracker crumbles
- Remove the tops of the strawberries.
- Use a melon baller to scoop out the center of the strawberries.
- Scoop cheesecake and insert it into the strawberries.
- Add garnish and serve
Nutella Option: Use Nutella instead of cheesecake! Use finely chopped nuts for garnish.
Oreo Option: Use crushed Oreo cookies combined with cream cheese for the filling and garnish with more Oreo crumbles.
Spanish Valentine Flan
3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
1 1⁄2 cups whole milk
4 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
sugar (if needed to sweeten to taste) or honey (if needed to sweeten to taste)
Heart Shaped cookie molds
- Lay out molds
- Place sugar in saucepan and place directly over medium heat on the stove top. Watch closely and constantly stir. The sugar will brown and turn to liquid. (Do not add water or other liquids.)Watch closely and do not allow the sugar to scorch.Remove from heat and distribute the caramelized sugar equally across the bottom of the molds. The sugar will almost immediately harden, but once it is baked with the custard, it will liquefy and remain liquid.
- In a mixing bowl combine evaporated milk, whole milk, eggs and vanilla and whisk together until the eggs are mixed well. While mixing you may add a few tablespoons of sugar or honey to sweeten to taste. Distribute the custard mixture in the molds.
- Pour about an inch of water into a large roasting pan. Set on an oven rack and then place the molds in the roasting pan. (Do not allow water level to go over the side of your flan molds.) Carefully push in the rack and close the oven door.
- Set oven to 350*F. Do not preheat. Bake for one hour. Test for doneness by inserting a knife. If it comes out clean, then the custard has fully cooked.
- When done, remove individual flans from roasting pan and place on a rack to cool.
- Flan can be served slightly warm or chilled in the refrigerator.
- To serve, run a knife around the top of the flan where it is connected to the mold. Flip over the mold onto the serving plate and then jiggle the flan loose so that it falls in one piece onto the plate. The caramelized sugar will form a sauce over the flan. There will be hard sugar remaining in the bottom of the molds, do not attempt to scrape this out to add to the sauce. Serve and enjoy!
Valentine Fruit Skewers
Fruit or veggitables of choice (Suggestions: melons, bananas, kiwis and pineapple OR cucumber, bell pepper, zucchini and cheese)
Heart Shaped cookie cutter
- Using a heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut fruit or veggitables into little hearts.
- Put on a skewer and serve your special someone a healthy valentine!
- Option: Add additional foods in between your hearts for color and flair.
Peanut Butter Pretzel Hearts
1 cup creamy peanut butter
2 Tbsp. soft butter
1 cup powdered sugar
Wilton candy melts drizzle
- Place 1 scoop (about 1 tbsp.) of the peanut butter mixture on a pretzel.
- Place another pretzel on top and squeeze together.
- Place your peanut butter pretzels on wax paper.
- Melt the candy melt drizzle in the microwave. Drizzle over the pretzels.
- Option: Add sprinkles for extra Valentine pizazz.